Saturday 10 April 2010

Seka Deer..

I have nearly finished tree planting, so wasn't too happy to see 4 Seka deer grazing a stone throw from the kitchen window. Although they look a lovely sight I know they can be very destructive and it is only a matter of time before they dine on my young Christmas trees. If Gerald had been here he would have had them in a pie by now. My main problem is they upset the dogs and they set them off to bark. Anyone got a couple of deer hounds going spare?. The Labrador pups went to Skeldale Vets this week for their second injections. I am going to keep them until the shooting season as there is always someone wanting a young dog to bring on.They are growing like mad now and enjoy exploring in the wood behind the house. they are too small to go out with the big dogs yet but it wont be too long till they join the happy band.

No comments:

Post a Comment