Wednesday 16 June 2010

Eating out ....


...It is horse work for Anna to try to get me away from the dogs but as I was 6 weeks late in going out for my birthday meal which my girls had given me a voucher to go to the Magpie at Whitby. A dog sitter was sorted,so we made a trip over the North York Moors to Whitby. The heather is not out yet and you can see where the gamekeepers have been busy burning off the old heather so the grouse can feed on the new shoots - a reminder it will soon be the grouse season again which is less than 2 months away.
We had a great meal at the Magpie as usual- I had a kipper to begin with brown bread and strawberry jam and then a trio of fish -lemon sole,salmon and poached king scallops. I should have known given the big portions that are served there that I should have kept the kipper for another visit. The tide was in so it was a good excuse on my part to get back to check on the pups and give the dogs their last run out before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment