Monday 30 August 2010

Boots all the way from Arizona, America


Many thanks to Starr Stamp who has come to stay with us and to Liz of Healy's Red Wing Shoe Store -both who went out of their way to source me a new pair of Red Setter boots. Apparently Liz had to ring around as there was no size 14s left in their store as the Red Setter boots are very much in demand as it is the hunting season in America as well as over here. I have had my old pair nearly 2 years and they have walked a lot of miles on hard terrain as well as in all weathers but they have had their day and so I am now the owner of some very fine new boots. Anna had hoped we would have to go on a holiday to America to get a pair Thanks to Starr who brought them over I can stay put in England and Anna will have to go back to the drawing board on how to get me away on holidays. I think we live in the best part of the world so why do we need to go away. Hopefully it will be good weather tomorrow as Starr and her husband get their first taste of Yorkshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment