Friday 29 October 2010

Quozzi goes missing...


I don't let all the dogs out on every drive and although I take a list with me each day of who I have with me. Some dogs alternate drives with others so they are not working all day and every day as the season gets into full swing. As we went from the first drive this morning I didn't count the dogs back into the vehicle and after the 4th drive around 2pm found Quozzi to be missing.
She must have headed out late on the scent of a downed pheasant and hadn't come back to the vehicle. What a sickening feeling it was as I headed back to where I had parked up on the first drive. Three hours that little dog had been waiting by herself. I dreaded that she had gone out on to the road and got run over. There she was waiting where she had jumped out of the vehicle at 10am .She had the sense to wait . I don't know who was the most pleased -her to see me or me to see her. She is safe and sound and that is all that matters.When we got home and we headed to the kennels she certainly wasn't lagging behind and kept close to my side. We dont want another day like today either of us

No comments:

Post a Comment